Couch to OpenStack
The Couch to OpenStack program is a series of #vBrownBag training podcasts designed to provide you with a foundational set of skills around OpenStack. That is, we have followed the Couch to 5k running approach where we start with the basics and build you up lesson over lesson to a more complete understanding and set of skills around OpenStack.
The first 5k
Our first program provided the very basics. That is, we showed you how to use Vagrant, Virtualbox, and then build an OpenStack cloud step by step. The lessons, homework, videos, and slides can be found here for free.
Bridge to 10k
The first 5k were great! You’ve learned quite a bit, but are wondering “now what”. To be honest, the first 5k, we only showed you how to build an OpenStack cloud, and while foundational, doesn’t really help all that much. This second set of lessons is designed to answer the “now what” component.
The Plan So Far:
- 12/3/2013 – What’s new in Havana
- 12/10/2013 – C2OS Havana Update / Kick-off
- 12/17/2013 – Upgrade Grizzly to Havana
- 1/14/2014 – A Second Compute Node
- 1/21/2014 – Image Management
- 1/28/2014 – Your First Instance(s) – Instance Management
- 2/4/2014 – Connecting with LDAP
- 2/11/2014 – Permissions Management
- 2/18/2014 – Tenant Management
- 2/25/2014 – Networking with Neutron
- 3/4/2014 – Application Deployments
- 3/11/2014 – HA Your OpenStack Services
- 3/18/2014 – PaaS Your OpenStack Cloud
Note: These dates are subject to change. You can sign up here. As we get closer to ‘go time’ I will add a page for homework, slides, etc.